Edirne, once in the past Adrianople or Hadrianople, city, extraordinary western Turkey. It lies at the intersection of the Tunca and Maritsa (Turkish: Meriç) streams, close to the fringes of Greece and Bulgaria. The biggest and most seasoned piece of the town possesses a wander of the Tunca around the remains of an old fortress. Edirne’s site and fierce history were dictated by its vital position on the primary course from Asia Minor (Anatolia) to the Balkans.
Initially called Uskudama and likely previously settled by Thracian clans, the town was reconstructed and expanded around 125 CE by the Roman ruler Hadrian, who renamed it Hadrianopolis. In 378 the city was the site of the Battle of Adrianople, where the Goths managed Rome a devastating annihilation. It was assaulted by the Avars in 586. The city was caught by the Bulgars in the tenth century and was stripped twice by Crusaders until it tumbled to the Ottomans in 1362. It at that point filled in as the forward base for Ottoman venture into Europe. It filled in as the capital of the Ottoman Empire from 1413 until 1458 and thrived as an authoritative, business, and social focus. Its decay accompanied outside occupations and destruction in wars. Edirne was involved by the Russians in 1829 and 1878. It was taken by the Bulgarians during the First Balkan War in 1913 and was retaken by the Turks that equivalent year. It was caught by the Greeks in 1920 during the Turkish War of Independence and was at long last reestablished to Turkey in 1922.
The focal point of the city has a few excellent mosques and different structures of note. The most fantastic of these is the Mosque of Selim (Selimiye Cami), a showstopper of the observed Ottoman court planner Sinan. Worked somewhere in the range of 1569 and 1575, the mosque lies on the summit of rising ground and overwhelms the horizon. The mosque’s primary structure contains a progression of 18 little arches commanded by a colossal focal vault laying on eight segments with three-balconied minarets on four sides. The mosque frames a design entire, with contiguous integral structures, school, library, and religious school, presently lodging archeological and ethnographic exhibition halls. The mosque complex was assigned an UNESCO World Heritage site in 2011. The Mosque of (Bayezid Cami), worked by Sultan Bayezid II in 1488, has an extraordinary vault upheld by four dividers and an exquisite marble specialty indicating Mecca. Bedesten is a reestablished fifteenth century secured bazaar.